We have officially been ushered into the heat season!
Yesterday, I had cranky kids all over the school compound and imagined what most nights are like in some homes.
For the parent, this is a really tough time because you have to sleepily check up on the kids in the middle of the night when the weather is cooler.
With an asthmatic kid, she’s on loose night wears before bedtime due to the heat and at about 3 am, she needs to be covered up because of the cold. Hmmmmmm quite tasking for working parents.
Yesterday with the parents’ consent, I had to get extra bottles of water for some kids who had used up the ones packed in their bags for the day.
So I thought to share a few tips to guide us through the season:
- Be happy, it’s for a few months. Remembering that some others would do anything to get this weather.
- Keep the home clean and airy.
- Sort the clothes cabinet and do more loose clothing.
- Stay hydrated. For the kids, ensure to send them off to school with enough water. My kids do two bottles of water to school now.
- Take more cool baths and do the same for the children.
- At times like this, it’s easy to take in a lot of cold drinks (I indulged yesterday). It’s better to plan ahead and keep up with fruit drinks (I had to respect my age and stock up fruits having sinned). It’s healthier.
- Swap moisturizers with cooling creams. Get the baby powder and ensure to use on not just the kids but yourself too. Better around the neck.
- Buy a hand fan!!!
- Avoid the sun.
- It’s the time foods and medicines spoil faster than they should choose the best preservation technique.